Twitter

Monday, November 7, 2011

Election night reaction to the results

Well friends, there isn't much about tonight's election results that is very surprising. If you've paid attention to anything that I've been saying for the past 3 and a half years, then you'll know that I predicted the results of thsi evening for a long time now. I predicted that with the demise and disappearance of the Sask Liberal Party, it would create an electoral tsunami that swept away most of the 20 New Democrat MLAs elected in 1997. I may have been a little off on numbers (I predicted zero to 7 for the NDP), but in the greater scheme of things, I turned out to be very close to the high range of that scale.

First of all congratulation to Premier Wall and other 48 members of his caucus - well done. They worked hard for this result, and to the victors go the spoils. Also, congratulations to the 9 New Democrats who managed to find someone solid to lash themselves too when they saw the tsunami coming. To everyone else in all of the parties who were defeated tonight, I hope you can find some comfort in your loss, I mean that.

I'll be back tomorrow with a full analysis of the election results, and the implication of these numbers.

No comments: